5/28/2013

Digital storytelling


Descriptive Reflection:
Digital storytelling is a method of telling a story utilizing multimedia technology as the medium.  Multimedia can include, voice, music, text, photography and video.  The stories are generally short and powerful emotional messages written and narrated by the person or situation in process. The most important issue with digital storytelling is the quality of the script.
 In short this method of storytelling has many advantages to the educational system of our society as a whole.  New technologies and websites such as You Tube are great ways to promote you story and there is free software available for anyone to be able to capture their story and digitize it for the world.


Critical   Reflection:  
In my opinion, digital storytelling is a very interactive way to learn. Creating a story telling doesn't a difficult thing. If you want to create one you need to have many things such as: Point of view, example, emotional content, voice, pacing, economy and soundtrack. First we have to decide what the goal of this storytelling is. Then, it is better if we drew a simple thing to guide us while doing the storytelling. After that, we have to search about the pictures, sounds and videos we will need or capture it. the good designer can use many video making programs to create a great storytelling. I know how to use Movie Maker, After Effects, Premiere and iMovie. I also know how to use Sound Booth and Garage Band to improve and control sounds. After this course I know the importance of storytelling so I decide to learn more about video making programs especially After Effects and I planned to use movies to teach students in future. 

In the links below: My storytelling and the original movies i used in the video. 


In my storytelling I use these programs: iMovie, Garage band and After Effects. I take the original videos my self then I modified it using after effects then I Merged it by iMovie and finaly i create the sound using Garage Band.
  
In my storytelling I think first about the goal of the movie. Then I creat and idea to the movie and drew a simple mind map to it. 




After that I take the photos and videos. In the links below there are my orignal videos and photos before the modification.
Finally, I modified the movies and add the sound to it using iMovie and this is my final product:
 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1M92ebMBBcPeWFmLUc1djh0cXc/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment